DIGITAL Hearts USA Inc. is currently looking for “QA Tester (Outside Contractor)” based in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Perform day to day analysis of games throughout the development cycle in accordance with test plans, procedures, and test cases. Tasks Include, but are not limited to, reporting anomalies and providing root cause analysis of defects when possible with detailed descriptions of procedures to duplicate failures.
WORK FREQUENCY: Work upon request of clients
LOCATION: Torrance, CA
- Find and log defects with clear and concise description and reproduction steps.
- Interface with development on an as needed basis.
- Perform testing from scripted test cases and as directed by project lead.
- Review product documentation for accuracy, clarity, consistency, completeness, and compliance.
- Assist in maintaining test environments.
- Analyze and review discrepancies resulting from executed test.
- Perform extensive system, functional, and regression testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability and performance, as well as the best practices for the quality assurance process.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to follow directions, remain focused, and communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work from 10:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday with the flexibility to change and work on a different shift, overtime and weekends as needed.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, gaming consoles, and handheld platforms.
- Must be able to perform testing on games and other software to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
- Excellent organization, time management, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to learn, comprehend, and apply new concepts, techniques, and procedures quickly.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous professional testing experience.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use a logical, systematic approach to problem solving.
- Time and task management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and have pro-active work style.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- PC, Mac, Handheld, and/or console game troubleshooting.
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, PSVita, DS, DSi, 3DS, XBLA, PSN, WiiWare, PC, Mobile) and genres.
- Working knowledge of QA methodologies, terminology, and tools; multiple computer hardware platforms and configurations; Windows, Macintosh, console and handheld operating systems (all preferred).
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE.